Monday, June 22, 2015

Art Bead Scene: June 2015

This month's inspiration artwork for the Art Bead Scene challenge is a rich floral fantasy by Séraphine Louis.  So much vibrant color and movement in this one!  The color palette makes me think fall more than summer, but that's ok.  You can read more about the artwork and the artist HERE.

Feuilles, 1928
By Seraphine Louis
I always have great intentions of getting started on the ABS challenge as soon as the inspiration for the new month is revealed... it rarely works out that way and June was no different!  When I finally had time to sit down and design something, the first thing that popped out of my bead stash was a gorgeous enameled leaf by C-Koop Beads.  It's beautiful red-orange color (and the leaf shape of course!) were a perfect response to the artwork.  Despite the riot of color and motion in the painting, I wanted to keep my design fairly simple.

I originally had picked out one of the many orphan beads from Firelily Glass, but my husband (and color consultant!) immediately told me no.  He went to my art bead storage and fished out a set from Firelily that he had given me for Christmas two years ago and insisted that I use one of those.  As is often the case in matters of color, he was totally right so I switched out the beads.  The one he chose has more of the pale greens and some nice movement that mimics the painting.

I just picked out some Czech glass with a Picasso finish and some smaller, brighter red Czech glass rondelles (playing up the bright colors of the enameled leaf) to place along the chain, added in a filigree ring between my two art beads, and called it good.




4 comments: