Monday, March 9, 2015

New Earring Monday '15: Weeks 9 & 10

Happy Monday, everyone!  I hope that you all are starting to get adjusted to the switch to Daylight Savings... my body is still feeling a little confused.

For this week's installment of New Earring Monday I'm sharing a few pairs of earrings that I either made on the Bead Cruise or with techniques I learned there combined with goodies from our gift bags.  (I'll be posting my blog recap of the trip later this week.)

First up, a pair that feature Byzantine chain maille (which I learned in Tracy Stanley's class) and some cute little lampwork glass beads that Sue Beads donated to our goody bags.  Thanks to Diana Ptaszynski for the gift of aluminum jump rings!  I went with red, black, and silver to stay in the Queen of Hearts theme for our cruise cocktail party.  I also finished a coordinating bracelet (although not my actual class kit) during the cruise.



I'm super proud of this second pair that I made in Heather Powers' Metal Sketches class on the cruise... and not just because they are the only class project that I actually finished in class!  This was my first time using metal shears to make magic out of sheet metal and my very first time making ear wires.  I can tell you that I have some new tools on my wish list and I don't want to wait until my birthday in July to gift them to myself!


As an added earring bonus, here is a simple little pair that I whipped up during our Beading Jammie Jam pajama party!  I love the little flip flop charms from Vintaj and the beachy feel of the finished earrings.  I'll be taking this pair to Unearthed Arts in my next delivery.







get the InLinkz code





4 comments:

  1. Love the chainmaille! But I really love the metal and handmade earwires. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which ones I like the best - the black and red are stunning but the beach flip flops are great too! Clearly that cruise was filled with great experiences and wonderful new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun to make your own earwires?!
    I especially love the copper pair. I love to manipulate metal. Maybe we should have a mini workshop if we do meet with Andrew and Cynthia in Asheville.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Jeanne! If Cynthia will let us play with Andrew! ;)

      Delete